6 Foods you need to stay away from to avoid pimples and marks
Tired of seeing pimple marks, acne scars, and dark spots on your face? You might have tried various remedies without much success. While the adage ‘be comfortable with the skin you are in’ is something to live by, having clear and blemish-free skin can definitely boost your self-confidence.
While hormonal changes, environmental factors, and skincare regime all have a role to play, your diet also significantly affects your skin and could be responsible for pimples if you are not careful. So, let’s discover some key acne-causing foods.
- Junk food such as burgers, fries, pizzas etc. can be a problem. Consumption of these can cause an insulin spike that increases blood sugar levels. This leads to hormonal fluctuations and inflammation, which encourage acne. The only way to protect your skin from these conditions is to switch to a balanced diet – and drink lots of water.
- Peanut butter can be delicious, but it contains an excess of Omega 6 fatty acids, which are responsible for triggering inflammation that can ultimately cause acne.
- Cow’s milk can lead to a spike in insulin, as well as leading to acne. Also, it has a growth hormone called IGF-1 that leads to overproduction of sebum (oil), which can eventually cause acne.
- Refined carbohydrates in foods such as white bread, muffins, cookies, and cakes not only have a high glycemic index but also contain added sugar. These break up quickly in the body and cause a spike in blood sugar, which increases the secretion of hormones. These hormones can stimulate oil production, which in turn trigger pimples.
- Spicy food can cause an inflammatory reaction in the body, which leads to a rise in body temperature. You would have experienced this ‘heat’ after eating hot peppers in your food. This high temperature leads to sweating, which in turn triggers the release of oil by the skin. This oil traps dirt and bacteria which in turn results in pimples.
- Sugary drinks are bad for you; their continuous consumption has been linked to hormonal imbalances in the body. It can also lead to insulin spikes, which, again can lead to hormonal imbalances and can cause acne.
Once you reduce consuming these foods, you will definitely see an improvement in your skin and a reduced eruption of acne. For any pre-existing acne marks, you can use a safe, good quality anti-marks such as Bajaj Nomarks Ayurvedic Antimarks Cream. It contains ayurvedic ingredients that provide effective results without damaging the skin. This cream starts working on marks from day 1 and helps you achieve nourished skin. Having healthy skin is everyone’s dream, and you can achieve this by following a good diet and using an ayurvedic skin care regime